Do you have a serious toothache? Is your smile in pain or desperately in need of repair because of an injury? At Pierson Dental, we’re always here for our patients when we need them, which is why Dr. Melvin Pierson regularly sees walk-ins and provides urgent care for emergency situations. In these panic-inducing moments, relief is a necessity! Don’t hesitate to contact our Sicklerville, NJ practice if you or a family member is in dire need of assistance.
What Counts As A Dental Emergency?
- Broken/fractured tooth
- Partially dislodged tooth
- Fully knocked-out tooth
- Severe toothache
- Object stuck between teeth
- Oral bleeding
- Gum tissue injury
- Jaw injury
- Orthodontic injury
How Can I Prevent Dental Emergencies?
Unfortunately, there’s no way to completely avoid the risk of dental emergencies over the course of your life. However, there are ways to greatly reduce you and your family’s risk levels. Keep the following tips in mind for preserving a healthy, happy smile here in Sicklerville:
- Make sure to schedule regular checkups and cleanings every six months at Pierson Dental for the whole family! There’s no better way to ensure that the minor oral health inconveniences of today don’t become the dangerous dental emergencies of tomorrow.
- Exercise caution when eating foods that are overly sticky, tough, or hard in nature. Also, it’s fine to suck on the ice in your cold drink, but DON’T directly chews on it.
- When playing your favorite sport that involves the possibility of contact with objects or other players, make sure to wear a sports guard so that your teeth, gums, and lips aren’t at risk.
- Take a few extra minutes to find a pair of scissors instead of tearing through difficult packaging with your vulnerable teeth.
- Brush at least twice a day, floss every day, and go easy on sugary items like candy and sodas! Your smile will thank you later.